Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Get the Look for Less: DIY Wood Accents


DITWoodfinishCS.jpg

Like many paper crafters, I am on a budget. I like to find affordable ways to replicate the latest trends. My most recent experiment worked out quite nicely. I love those painted buttons that Basic Grey offers. I have a few in my supplies but I would love to have more. I decided to see how well I could replicate them on my own. I bought some wood shapes for around $1.50 and set to work with markers and paint. Mine may not have the polished look of the original, but they have a charm of their own.



Would you like to learn how to make these? Check out my tutorial at the Scrapbook News and Review Blog. 

1 comment:

  1. Those are really cute, Christy!! Great way to save on scrappy supplies!

    ReplyDelete