Friday, June 1, 2012

It's Friday

My Hubby has a long weekend and I have been looking forward to this. It sure did not start out as I had intended. I ended up at the doctor this morning. It's a sinus infection. YUCK. Anyway, I guess that means me hanging out in my craft space.

What I am up to:
-Working on assignments for SNR magazine
-something that is a surprise and will be revealed soon.
-Checking out my archived classes. ( note to self: finish class before you start another.) I have decided to start with Scrapbook Page layering over at get it Scrapped. I also have some recordings from masterful Scrapbook design to catch up on.

I am excited about:
- the surprise mentioned above
-May Flaum is starting camp scrap soon. The best part: It's with May. It' has techniques. it's free. oh...and it's with May! I really admire May Flaum's work. I just finished Curious Scrapbooker's field guide and was sad to see that end. So this should fit the bill nicely.

Before I head off to rest and enjoy the weekend, I thought I would leave you with a page I made during LOAD512. I was pleasantly surprised to see it featured over at Scraphappy.

Patterned paper: October afternoon; stencil: crafter's workshop;
 badge and paper strip: American Crafts; Die Cut: Making memories
Chipboard: Maya road and Crate Paper


It's one of those pages in which I sort of took a risk. The pages is based off the inspiration provided at Scraphappy. I used white acrylic paint and a stencil in an attempt to tone down the busy pattern. Simple themed accents added to the story and made for a quick page.

So this weekend, challenge yourself to take a risk. Use a sheet of patterned paper as your base and build your page from there. Have a nice weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment