Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Been Caught Napping

Do you ever get some paper or supplies and think " What in the world will I ever use this for?" I'm sure you have. Sometimes it comes in a kit. In this case, mine came in a mystery box from My Little Shoebox. I got several sheets of pastel laundry themed paper. I rarely scrap in pastels. I also had no wish to scrap about my laundry. Or at least I thought I didn't. Then I found Ju Ju Bee napping in the laundry basket. She might not have been too thrilled about waking up to have her photo taken. I was quite happy though. I now had a cute photo and the perfect paper to go with it.
Carstock: Colorbok; Patterned paper and die cut: My Little Shoebox
alphas: American Crafts; chipboard: KI Memories; Stickers: Colorbok
jewel: Imaginesce; brad: Basic grey; mist: October Afternoon
Other: canvas, wire hanger; Sketch: Lain Ehmann for LOAD512
To add to the laundry theme, I hand drew and cut a shirt out of canvas. I dyed it to match the papers with some October Afternoon mist. I decorated the shirt with some faux stitching and a flower sticker. The page came together quickly with the use of a sketch. Since the paper was double sided, there was no guess work in choosing what I needed. There is only one big draw back to this page. I hate giving away papers or throwing out older stash. I keep trying to convince myself to do so. However, this page seems to support the  argument to save everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment