Sunday, April 29, 2012

Getting Ready for LOAD 512

  Here it is again. That month where I go a bit crazy trying to make a layout a day. It's called LOAD for short, if you are not familiar with it. I participated in my first Layout a Day in February, 2011. Quite honestly, I have only been successful once in completing the entire challenge. What I learned though, has become quite invaluable. It taught me about how I work, how to work faster and make more confident choices in what I do. Most importantly, I learned how to get over imperfection.
 So how does one get ready for a month long event in which you attempt to make a page a day? First of all, you print a lot of pictures. Since last weekend, I have been editing photos,printing them and then grouping them inside my albums. I group them by how I wish to tell their stories and have them placed into the albums in the order I hope they go when the pages are complete. It's how I always sort my photos. It's a real time saver and it can help me get motivated to scrap. I do have several albums like this already started. All are in various stages of completion. So while I do have my pages organized chronologically, it does not always mean I scrap that way. So when I have an assignment for Scrapbook news and Review Magazine or I participate in something like LOAD, I can just scan through my albums to find the photos that inspire me to work with the prompt at hand.
  I don't know if I will be successful at scrapping a layout every single day for LOAD 512. Only time will tell. I'll do my best to keep you up to date with my LOAD progress. Meanwhile, if you want to join in on the madness and learn a little more about yourself,  head on over to this link to sign up:  http://www.layoutaday.com/load512 . Remember, this isn't about perfect pages. This is about making pages and telling stories. As you do so, you will learn a bit about yourself in the process. I hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment