Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Twelve Tags- Day 5

  Mine is not really a tag at all. As i have for the other days, Day 5 is an improvisation using what I have on hand. Some of you know that I am a mystery box addict. One of the things I get in the Maya Road mystery boxes are acrylic shapes and mini albums. I am not one to make mini albums, but I do love to take them apart. I find I can use them directly on a 12x12 scrapbook page. So with that in mind, I chose some acrylic mini albums pages to play with.
ranger alcohol inks in expresso, latte and caramel
Th inking tool
Maya road Acrylic house
In addition to the house, I also chose a butterfly and a small paisley. As Tim suggested, you could also use product packaging.
  I started by covering the acrylic shape with the ink.

The house was my first attempt. I made the mistake of not letting it dry all of the way before I stamped on it. I did however, get the gist of what I was supposed to do and got a decent looking effect.I also did not have an archival ink. I used a dark brown pigment ink instead.

After the partial success of the first shape, I was keen to try more. My next attempt was a butterfly and a paisley. I also chose more appealing ink colours. I am now questioning the wisdom of purchasing brown inks. This time, I chose eggplant and stream colour inks.


As you can see from the closeup, the effect is subtle but stunning. The key to getting the image to come off is to one, let it dry well before stamping and two, blot gently with a dry tissue or paper towel.


I now have added more alcohol inks to my wish list. I am really glad I tried this out.I think it's going to add a lot to my pages, as far as texture and dimension. Keep your eyes peeled...this butterfly just might pop up on a layout soon.

1 comment: