Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The First Set of Honeymoon Photos...

have officially been scrapped! It has been fun for my husband and I to go back through our honeymoon photos after 13 plus years. I was a little sad when I found them, though. There really are not many pictures at all. I guess since the honeymoon took place in the pre-digital camera era and the cost of film was so high for a young couple...well,We just did not take many photos at all. I guess it's a good thing those memories are so vividly in my head. Looks like I will be journaling those stories in the album rather than sharing photos. On the positive side, it should not take long to get the honeymoon album done.
  As far as our honeymoon, We spent the first few days after our wedding hanging out with the best man and his wife. It might sound strange to some, but we hardly get to see the two of them since they live on the other side of the country. On one of our evenings out, we enjoyed some music and barbecue at the House of Blues.
Basic Grey papers
Prima flowers with making memories jewels
white and blue acrylic paint
Sapphire glimmer mist
cloth with music print
Submitted to Scrapfit Weekend Warmup #11,August

The photos are not the best, but they are what I have of that night. So I scrapped them in spite of the bad lighting. Sometimes the story is more important than the quality of the photo.
  I based this page on a card sketch on the Sketch Support site. Since this was for the Counterfeit Kit Challenges Sketch swap, I chose card sketch #8 and converted it to a layout.

 I then stretched it into a two pager. From the looks of things at the Counterfeit Kit blog, it looks like I wasn't the only one to favor this sketch.

8 comments:

  1. Nicely done - and any photo that brings back a memory is a good photo in my view. I see why you chose that sketch - its a fave of mine too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great LO! So many fun and wonderful details ~ misting, scrunched ribbon, doodling - all perfect for these wonderful photos!! Thanks for playing at ScrapFIT! ~ Blessings

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome 2-pager! What a great memory...and I love how you used the flowers! Thanks so much for working out with us at ScrapFIT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely take on the sketch, good job getting those photos scrapped!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done, I love your ink splatters. Fabulous sketch. I love that you are doing your honeymoon photos after 13 yearas!!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sympathise with your lack of honeymoon photos - we had other things on our mind ;-) too!
    Lovely double-pager and great to get those stories scrapped after all this time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. happy memories - love your ink splotches

    ReplyDelete