Sunday, June 5, 2011

June's Counterfeit Kit

   It's that time again! Like a little kid, i have been eagerly awaiting the reveal of this month's Counterfeit Kit Challenge. While a part of me know's the things I will be using are already a part of my stash, another part of me is excited. Putting these kits together is almost as exciting as receiving a kit club in the mail! Those of you who have followed along with my other kits will not be surprised to see that, as usual, I went overboard as I shopped my stash. My only justification for that is that A. I did not spend any money in the making of this kit and B. I always intend on getting the most that I can out of it. Last month, I was able to make seven pages from my kit's supplies. This month, since I have no plans to travel and DH has a few paid holiday to burn, I hope to get even more pages done. Let's see if I can top seven pages.
   As for the kit itself, It may be a bit of a challenge with so many floral accents. Since the kit is styled after Burlap and Buttercups June 2011 kit, which has a slight summer tone, I am hoping I can utilize these summer florals in some masculine pages by playing up the colour palette. I got as close to the kit as I could in paper pattern and colour. I chose not to use any butterfly accents. Should I make any pages where I wish to use a butterfly, I shall cut one out of the Patterned paper from the kit.
Papers: turquoise- from the Best of K and CO.
Basic Grey basic-ledger
Crate paper restoration-Slip Cover
Crate Paper restoration-doilies
Sassafrass- Indie Girl-Pocahontas
Pink Paislee 365 degrees 6x6 pad
frame- Making Memories Chloe's Closet
Maya Road chipboard album-classic scroll frame
Maya Road Signature ribbon/trim in blue
Twinery Baker's Twine in Pea Pod and Caribbean
Sassafrass In stitch blossoms in kelly green,kraft, and vintage rose
Jenni Bowlin die cut journaling cards
Scenic route Garden grove laebls
Little Yellow Bicycle stick pins
Fancy Pants Write Now Rub ons
K and Co. fabric brads
Making Memories poolside brads
American Crafts thickers-Forest
Pink Paislee 365 degrees rub on
Pink Paislee 365 degrees borderlines


   You may be wondering about the chipboard album. I am not one to make mini albums, though I do greatly admire them. What I prefer to do, is to take the album apart and use the wonderful shapes on my pages. I thought the scroll pattern of this mini would make a wonderful substitute for the chipboard frames in the original kit. I can also opt to cut my own chipboard frames if need be.
  I also opted to make the add on summer kit. I chose a variety of papers from the scenic route grab bag I had received recently. They are the types of papers I might not reach for right away. I felt they complimented the papers from the main kit and that with the addition of the turquoise paper, the colours had a very summery feel to them. I do realize that there was only one bottle of mist in the original add on kit. However, lets face it, I LOVE to mist. So we all know it's highly likely for a variety of these mist colours to end up on a page.
papers: Sassafrass Indie Girl- free spirit
Sassafrass Indie Girlaffection
October Afternoon- patio umbrella
Scenic Route - Providence:Green st,Franklin St. and Scrap Strip
Scenic Route Sonoma- Plive Ave.
Making Memories Paperie greenhouse spiral journal book
Pink Paislee 365 degrees flip notes
Sassafrass paper whimsies- beatnik buds
K and Co. chipboard frames
Creative Memories black alphas
Making Memories simply stated rub on alphas
glimmer mists: patina, sapphire,tiger lily,viva pink,meadow green and candy apple red

  For both the main kit and the addition, I tried to choose papers I might not normally reach for. When I make these kits, I can often perceive new options for the papers and patterns that I might not have seen before. I also made it a point this time to choose some embellishments from pre-opened packages. I am challenging myself to try to finish those packages off. Stay tuned for further posts showcasing pages made with my June Counterfeit kit...

18 comments:

  1. Great job! And I know exactly what you mean about it feeling like getting new supplies, even though it's all made from your stash. CKCB is a great way for me to reacquaint myself with what I have. My kit will go up on my blog later tonight.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kit is awesome! I love everything you put together, and I can't wait to see what you do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great counterfeiting - good luck with your target!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! I am so excited to see how many pages you get done and what a neat twist to use up opened packages! Get to creating girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The kit is so cool, I am in awe that you get so much done with one kit!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty! I'd like to see what you create.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you've got lots of great and awesome goodies here!!! I can't wait to see how you use the chipboard album, sounds exciting! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have all kinds of goodness happening in your kits! I'm looking forward to seeing what you create.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! Love your kits. That top floral paper is amazing and I'm a big fan of the green bakers twine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun kit you have made! Great papers and awesome embellies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous!! Just gorgeous! Enjoy playing

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all your mist! And everything else too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful choices! I used some of the very same paper in my kit!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your kit, all of the embellishments, the papers, the Sassafras ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice job! I can't wait to see what you create with it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooh, lovely collection of mists, I'm jealous! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cant wait to see what you create using your kit.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lovely kit, I love that Crate paper selection.

    ReplyDelete