Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Some Belated Mother's Day Inspiration

  This month, Artastic's challenge involves a Mary Cassat painting in honour of Mother's day. While I am a big fan of Cassat, I found it a little difficult to find just the right photos for this challenge. I scoured everything I have. Mom and baby photos of my son and I have long since been scrapped. I did find some vintage photos which I have been meaning to get into albums, so I chose one of those. It's a photo of my grandparents holding my uncle.
Pagemaps sketch
papers-Cosmo Cricket and October Afternoon
Crate paper rub on and chipboard border
Jenni Bowlin stick pins
vintage buttons
lace unknown
title-fancy pants rub on
K and Co journal tag

I love that I was able to use vintage buttons from my great-grandmother's button box on this page!I feel it's kind of a nice touch and adds a little memorabilia as well.

12 comments:

  1. I love this LO! The colours are wonderful, the design doesn't overwhelm the photo (which I find a lot of vintage LOs do) and I think it's fabulous that you used buttons of your great-grandma's on the page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful LO, Christy! I love the sentiment behind your LO with the use of your grandmother's buttons and the great color scheme. Thanks for joining us at ARTastic!
    Hugs, RobinJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love the gorgeous photo you decided to use for our challenge, the papers are gorgeous too and how wonderful you could use those sentimental buttons. Thanks so much for playing this month at ArTastic. Melxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello there;0) I absolutley love your LO! Love the different dp and your lace ribbon is georgous! I love looking at old b&w photos, so pretty. Thank you for playing along over at ARTastic! Have a great evening;0)

    Hugs xx
    Cecelia B

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful page! I really like all the different pp's you used ... who would know those different colours and patterns would create such an awesome effect ... well, I guess you did :-) Gorgeous work!
    Thanks for playing with us at ARTastic
    xxx Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  6. This layout is gorgeous! It took me a little while to find the perfect photo too... I love the beautiful layers of patterned paper! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the vintage photo of your grandparents holding your uncle...very special!
    I love the use of vintage buttons...this page has a fantastic vintage feel about it. Fabbo!
    Cheers
    shazza

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful photo to scrap for this great ARTastic challenge..it is fabulous, as is your page. Love all your distressing, & great paper choice makes for a lovely vintage feel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your layout is lovely, with a wonderful photo. I love the use of the different patterned papers and the distressing. The lace and the buttons are gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful LO. So glad to see your entry this month at ARTastic!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is my style of layout, i love this, it stood out because its close to the same style that i generally do.....love it, and a beautiful photo

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous LO, and a ansolutely gorgeous photo, I love old black and whites, A great ARTastic entry!!

    ReplyDelete