Thursday, May 5, 2011

May's Counterfeit Kit

  Here we are in May...already! Boy this year is flying past. This will be my 3rd counterfeit kit. I am very happy to be participating in this challenge. I am definitely enjoying shopping my stash, trying new ways to make my own embellishments and just making pages with my monthly kit. May's Counterfeit  kit was an easy one for me to make up. I think it's going to be easy for me to use a lot more from it as well. This month, the kit is a fun, summer kit with a  playful childlike tone from Work in Progress. So without further ado, here is my version:
papers: Fancy pants- It's your day(stripe)
Cosmo Cricket-Chaplain ( large black page with number)
My Mind's Eye- red polka dot
Basic Grey- life of the party-confetti cake polka dot
Basic grey- life of the party- how you' ve grown-rulers
basic grey- life of the party- noise makers-green with plaid dots
Sassafrass-anthem
Sassafrass anthem-translate

Alphas;  Basic Grey life of the party
Cosmo Cricket- flour sack

MISC: Basic Grey life of the party brads
Sassafrass paper whimsies cards
Fancy pants yellow ric rac
Lil' davis designs castaway rub ons
Maya road chipboard stars
Sassafrass cardstock stickers

Of course, as many of you know, I simply can not resist a good add on. Really, there is no excuse not to since I am shopping my stash. So I jumped in with both feet when it came to making up a boy inspired kit. For whatever reason this month, the number theme seems to really be a big thing for me. I used a lot of papers and embellishments with numbers of various shapes and sizes. It will be interesting to see how these gets used on pages throughout the month.

Paper: Crate Paper-Toy Box-playdate
Crate Paper Emma's Shoppe- playhouse
Crate paper Toyr box-build
Echo Park Sweet Summertime- raspberry delight
Echo Park Sweet Summertime sunny spots
All other papers-Sassafrass

Alphas- K and Co. Brenda Walton chip box
Sassafrass pocket full of rosies
Sassafrass Woodland Whimsy

Misc: Crate Paper toy box borders
Crate paper toy Box chipboard
Studio Calico numbers card
Sassafrass Paper whimsies-flowers
ribbon and trims-unknown
Maya road wood bongo numbers
Fancy pants it's your day buttons
Sassafrass in stitch blossoms-deep blue
Sassafrass brads-vintage gems
Crate Papers restoration collection brads
Sassafrass felties-June bug
Basic Grey woolies-wonder
K and. Co ticket border remnant
K and Co. frame

You might recognize a few things from previous kits. I decided to challenge myself yo use things I put into past kits but never used. So let's see how I do. I am off to play...

20 comments:

  1. Great job on your kit - I love your add-on kit! What fun papers and embellishments you have chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! Great challenge for yourself. I have always loved numbers and crosswords so I LOVE your add on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it especially the add on kit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great add-on kit! Loving both kits though

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got 2 kits pulled and ready so fast! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...how fabulous! I love all your choices. So fun. I am amazed. I have nothing that matches this month's kit! LOL

    Have a great time scrapping! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your kits your choices are fab x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am loving your kits-especially all of those awesome patterned papers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job on both sets of product. Looks like you can get brad-happy this month. Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job on both of your kits!! I like how you chose a more subtle color scheme and kept with the numbers theme! Have fun creating with them this month!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving all of the 'puzzly' parts of your kit - it's a really good take on the original!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fun kits! I really love the add on kit and good luck with your challenge to use stuff you haven't used yet. I do that too...one of these days, the right project/layout/mini will come along and be perfect for the stuff you haven't used yet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I might have to steal your idea for next month! All of my leftovers are sent back to their homes probably not to be seen again for 6ish months haha! Love the softness of your kits, especially that they are still so playful :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohhh what great kits you've made!! And with Sassafrass papers too! I shy away from those quirky papers (although I've got many in my stash) because they scare me! LOL I never can figure out how to use them. Looks like you've got a great "stash store" at your place!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These kits look terrific and are packed with wonderful goodies!! Have fun creating! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great kits, Christy! I can't wait to see what you do with your "numbers" papers. I included some in my kit, too, and I'm a little intimidated by them! I love that you're pulling from your previous kits, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great kits - these will be so easy to make lots of great pages with!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have tons of fun papers in there. Can't wait to see what you make.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice, bright kits. You will have lots of fun with these. I like the look of theat green crossword type paper.

    ReplyDelete