Saturday, February 19, 2011

Without Photos

  One would think it might be hard to scrap without a photograph. It can be unless you have something to say. In a recent challenge from the Counterfeit Kit blogspot, I was asked to do that very thing...make a page without photos. I ended up making an introductory page  for my fall album. As some of you know, Fall is my absolutely favorite time of the year. While I have blogged about it, I had never scrapped about it. Well, until now, anyway.

Once again, a wayward glimmer mist popped into my kit. The richness of the kit I had made seemed perfect for Fall...if only there was a tad bit of orange in it. So my Tiger Lily glimmer mist found it's way onto my page. Quite honestly, I don't know if that's allowed in this challenge. Nevertheless, it was the perfect fit and I am happy with the page I completed.

One thing led to another, and I scrapped another page using the same color scheme and some of the paper from my kit.

LOAD scraplift of Melanie Louette's Sweet Spring LO
I scrapped some photos of things that represent the signs of Fall: my car turning a year older, holiday decor showing up in the stores and on soda cans, and the decorations my son and I make together. I really enjoyed making the title for this page. I embossed some more scrap pad cover pieces, painted them black and then hand cut the letters. I think I can foresee my texture Boutique working a little harder in the near future as this was such a wonderful and inexpensive way to create a unique title.

 More stash used. More photos scrapped. Now how perfect is that?!?! Now I am off to find more photos to scrap with this kit!

6 comments:

  1. It most certainly is allowed! LOL I really love your topic (I am a fall girl, too) and how you incorperated the bingo cards. Very clever!

    Bethany
    Counterfeit Kit Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so creative Christy! I love both of your pages. I just love challenges that get your creative juices flowing! Hope your weekend is going great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great way to do the layout without photos and I like that then you did one with to balance it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are allowed to use anything you need to finish your layouts!!! No real rules here :) I love the way you used the bingo cards too. Very nice :)
    *meridy*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool use of those bingo cards and I like the misting. Fall is a favourite here too :)

    ReplyDelete