Monday, February 21, 2011

Just Us

The meaning of those two little words has changed so much over time. About ten years ago, it went from meaning just my husband and I to something more like "just we three" when my son came along. I like both, but I do want to share with my son what his parent's life was like when they first met. I don't have a lot of photos of that time period. The one I found for this page is one of those rare few.
   Of course, one of the first design elements that came to mind when making a page around this photo was "hearts." So I cut several of them out in a variety of colors from a Colorbok kit.3-D foam really made the hearts and title pop. Pink fruit punch stickers added a little zing to the Colorbok alpha punchouts in the title.

based on Scraphappy.org 15 minute page for December
The white Bazzill cardstock with embossed dots added some lovely texture to the page. I used my Martha Stewart punch across the bottom. I got out my trusty ruler and marker to pen a border, then added some hand stitching with my Sew Easy. Overall, it was a fast but fun page. I am working on page two which will be all journaling about the things we liked to do before having a child. Who knows...I might share it here with you(if it's not too mushy, that is). If you have a project centered around something or someone you love, please share it with us at Scrap Our Stash!

1 comment:

  1. I like the sewn borders with zig zag patches and the texture of the embossed cardstock. I'm currently working on a 'before kids' album too and yep lack photos.

    ReplyDelete