Friday, February 4, 2011

In the Sweet Sunshine

As some of you know, I am participating in LOAD211. Inspiration does abound everywhere... though sometimes it's presence is overwhelming. For this next day's prompt, I was asked to find inspiration in a song. It sounded easy enough. However...there are so many songs...so many choices. In my search, I came across a little challenge spot called Scrapping the Music. The song choice for this particular day was to scrap the tune "New Shoes." I am quite enamored with shoes. I am not enamored enough to scrap them right now. ( maybe I need to buy some some). Anyhow, as I perused the lyrics of the song, the lyrics" in the sweet sunshine" caught my attention. It seemed the perfect fit for the title to my summer album.

Club CK one hour  challenge page
Two Peas in a Bucket Sketch

    I decided to use the Two Pea's In A Bucket January Stretch your sketch. It worked perfectly with the photos of my son and husband's shadows. I love how I captured them holding hands.The red happy pattern of My Mind's Eye's Penny Lane reminded me of the sun and the Lush Flocked chipboard was the shadow. I dotted the eye with a random sunshine button from my stash. It was so nice to find a use for it. It had been hanging out in my stash for quite some time. Since I did not have the perfect mini alphas, I made my own with a pen and some scrap paper. I cut a cream border using the reverse side of the paper and layered red tulle across the top. Kraft paper toned down the bright burst of red.My new favorite pens(Bic Mark it's) came to the rescue: tuxedo black for hand stitching and rambunctious red to color a Maya Road chipboard accent. A few stick pins(salvaged from the packaging of my husband's new shirt) added the final touch. 

5 comments:

  1. This is a very cool scrapbook page - great photo idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is BEAUTIFUL! I love love love love the colors and those photos!! Thanks soooooooooooooo much for playing along with Scrapping the Music! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet page! Love those awesome photos! So glad you found our little challenge blog! Thanks for joining us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous page! Loving those photo's and I love the red!
    Thanks so much for playing along with Scrapping The Music!

    ReplyDelete
  5. these photos are sooo cool! love the simple little details! thanks for participating in the challenge at Scrapping the Music!!!

    ReplyDelete