Saturday, August 14, 2010

Ella's Inspiration Chain

  Do you remember that game called telephone...the one kids play a lot? Some people call is Chinese Whispers. In the case of Ella Publishing co., they call it an inspiration chain. Instead of a word or phrase, you take someone 's project and scraplift it, then pass on your version and so on, until you reach the last person. Ella did one recently, and I made a version based on the last page in that chain.

This was the last page in that chain. This digi page was made by Katrina Simeck.



I loved her simple design and wanted to replicate that on my page. Mine of course is not a digi, but a traditional creation. I used DCWV Natural stack card stock for my base. I cut a square out of the back so I can get more out of the paper. It was easy to do with my purple cows free style mouse.

The photo is one I took when I was experimenting with sun light. I am looking up through the branches of a Royal Poinciana tree. I liked the way the Fancy pants harmony paper complemented the colors of the photo. I used a quote from DCWV Nature and inspiration vellum quote stack. I accented the quote with a Fancy pants felt flourish. On the lower left corner, I fussy cut 3 small circles from some Crate Paper pink plum paper. I stitched over them with Bazzill floss.



All in all, a simple page and one I hope to use as the ending to one of my summer albums.

No comments:

Post a Comment