Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Count Me In

So ...once again, there is another new release of some wonderful Sassafrass paper. I can't wait to use some of this for homeschool layouts. The colors are great for fall and late summer. Count me in is one of my new favorites! It's just released at CHA.

Meanwhile...

I am busy trying to use up some stash while I await all the wonderful new papers. Today, I challenged myself to make a 3-d pop up. I have not made a pop up page in years...so it was fun to try again. So lift up the tab that says "our shelter" and one can read about our home and see a pop up house...template courtesy of club ck.

In truth, it was a contest at club CK. I love combining challenges, so I used sketch 208 from Scrapbook Challenges. Thanks to a club ck peep, I figured out that the paper is Cloud 9 design. I used some chipboard and a My Mind's Eye transparency frame to reinforce the cover of the pop up. The title was cut on my cricut with Basic George. The idea behind the page is to document our hurricane preparedness. We may not always live somewhere in which a storm like that will come. It will be nice to see an "everyday" preparation.

1 comment: