Saturday, June 19, 2010

Crawling with Bugs!

  I recently challenged myself to put my camera in Macro and to find as many bugs as I could. I actually found quite a few interesting critters. I did my best to identify them with some on-line field guides...and then of course, decided to make a page all about them. BUT....what kind of page do you make about a bunch of bugs?
  I decided that I wanted some grass on the pages. I know masking is not new to a lot of you. I have done a little masking and I wanted to try it here. I cut scraps of white cardstock into blades of grass and laid them on a sheet of solid white, textured CS.


 I used meadow green glimmer mist and was quite satisfied with the results. I created the paper with the writing on it. I used a scrap piece of vellum and wrote "bugs....creepy crawlies" over and over again. I think it's an expensive way to customize the page for your theme. I used to do this a long time ago and am challengin myself to try things like this again.


I chose  to use shades of green for the trim. The photos had plenty of color and I wanted those to be what caught the eye. On a tip from Scrap Our Stash blog spot, I painted my chipboard alphas a light green. ( for more idea on using paint to change your chipboard, see here: http://scrapourstash.blogspot.com/2010/06/frugal-friday-tip_10.html )To hide the paint stokes, I added Diamond Stickles. All of the bugs used on the pages are from a swap I did on Club CK. The flower buttons are Making memories. The page sketch is from Sketches for you:
http://sketchesforyou.ning.com/




For the second page, I used the blades from the mask and a sketch from studio calico:
http://studiocalico.blogspot.com/2010/06/sunday-sketch_13.html

I find that sitting down and writing a list of photos I want to try to take can be really inspiring. A lot of great LO's come from this. So, challenge yourself...try something different with your camera or list those must have photos for your album!

No comments:

Post a Comment