Saturday, May 29, 2010

Playing with my new glimmer mist and smooch inks

I know it's not new to many people, but it's new to me. I must say that I like the glimmer mist, though I am not completely blown away by it. I still want to try Maya Mist and some of the other new products out there. I specifically bought glimmer mist in blues and greens since those are my 2 favorite colors. I hope to try my hand at making my own...but first, I plan to use up these bottles so I can then reuse them for my concoctions.

  I completed this Lo using sketch 125 from Sketch Inspiration.
http://sketchinspiration.ning.com/


  I made paper waves from leftover scraps from a punch. I sprayed the scraps with Patina and Sapphire glimmer mist. Then I layered them to create the waves. Some of the scraps had a spattered paint look. I added Crate paper Blue hill ribbon over it to continue the turquoise and blue color theme. I have had the title block in my stash for quite some time and don't know who makes it. The star fish had a little cartoonish look to it which I changed by adding Diamond stickles. I used the diamond stickles and waterfall stickles to add some accents to the water droplets. To add a slight shimmer to the words, I used I covered the letters with smooch accent ink in azure and pool. I used scrap CS to make journaling strips. I inked the edges of the journaling strips in Colorbox blue lagoon ink.



To make a 2 page LO, I slightly altered the original sketch for the 2nd page.


No comments:

Post a Comment